The department of Physics at IIT Patna was established and started its activity in August 2008 to train undergraduate engineering students. In July 2009, the department initiated Ph. D. program in various frontier fields of Physics. M. Tech program in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology has been started since July 2012. The department is also offering 2 year M. Sc. program in Physics from July 2016.
The department is committed to engage in high quality research and pursuit of excellence in teaching. The faculty members of the department are actively involved in research and development in challenging areas of both theory and experiment. Currently, the main research emphasis of the department comprises of Condensed Matter Physics, Optics, Biophysics, and Atomic & Molecular Physics.
- Department of Physics, IIT Patna is running 2 year M. Sc. Program: (Admission through JAM).
Latest News / Updates
- Workshop on 'Concepts of physics through experiments-2016' organized by Department of Physics, IIT Patna on 15th and 16th July 2016.
- Physics Society seminar on 2nd March 2016 by Dr. Puneet Mishra, Tohoku University, Japan, on “Supramolecular rotary motors driven by tunneling current”.
- Physics Society seminar by Dr. Sita Sundar, University of Kiel, Germany, on “Nonlinear 1D solitons in Laser-Plasmas”
- Inauguration of the physics society of IIT Patna was held on 30th January,2016, by Guest of Honor: Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya (Director, IITPatna), Prof. Ratnamala Chatterjee (IIT Delhi), and Dr. Utpal Roy (HoD-Physics).